- In an Emergency when you need a priest and nobody at St. Agnes is available, call our local hospitals & ask for the chaplain on call; Grand River (519-749-4300) or St. Mary’s Hospital (519-749-6579). Otherwise please try calling other local parishes.
- Here are some suggested local agencies that provide personal help in the K-W community in various areas: Counseling; Child and Family; Shelter and Crisis; Food, Clothing and Aid; and Long Term Support.
Official Sources and Documents
- Diocese of Hamilton – A valuable resource on current news, information, education, & programs
700 King West, Hamilton, ON, L0P 1C7 Phone: (905) 528-7988 Fax: (905) 528-1088 Website: http://www.hamiltondiocese.com
- The Catholic Cemeteries of The Diocese of Hamilton – Catholic funeral planning, burial, and cremation services, including cemeteries & mausolea for the final resting place. Complete services for either pre-arrangement or at-need planning, to guide families through the steps of the full Rites of a Catholic funeral and services including Catholic cremation & burial options. A comprehensive listing of Catholic Cemeteries, including local parishes with their own cemetery, can be found at http://www.thecatholiccemeteries.ca or by calling the main office at 1-800-661-5985.
- Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops – Besides policy statements, contains many indices, links and references to Canadian and other Catholic church organizations
- US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Catholic Register – Phone: (416) 934-3410
- Catholic New Times – Phone: (416) 361-0761
- Catholic Missions in Canada: (from www.cmic.info) “Not all missions are foreign missions. It may surprise many Canadian Catholics, but they don’t have to look far: some of the poorest and neediest missions served by the Church can be found here in Canada” “Catholic Missions In Canada supports more than 600 missionaries, as they selflessly serve in isolated home mission communities across 26 Canadian mission dioceses. For more information & to give your assistance: www.cmic.info
Spiritual and Educational
- www.saltandlighttv.org Watch live footage of Catholic newsfeed, special events and link to valuable resources to enrich your Catholic faith
- http://catholicanada.com A valuable source of news, information, resources, and links to other Catholic sources of interest; video links to Daily Mass
- www.stbenedictcatholicapologetics.com For a greater understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church on various issues
- www.wordonfire.org Rich resource for interesting video clips & educational perspectives on our Catholic Faith; materials for order
- Educational – Institutions A number of Catholic and other institutions in Waterloo area offer a variety of educational programs and experiences
- Retreat Centres – A number of retreat centres near Waterloo offer a variety of spiritual programs and retreat options
- Loyola House – Retreats and spiritual direction
Loyola House. PO Box 245, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J9 Phone: (519) 824-1250; Fax: (519) 767-0994 Email: email@example.com
- Diocesan Office Events – Alerts on special issues, and an excellent publication with highlights online.
- Social Justice Documents – Major Documents since 1891 with summaries and links to full text.
- Moral Teaching – Issue-by-issue references to major documents.
- Development and Peace – The major Catholic international organization for long term and emergency assistance. Their link page references many other useful sites.
- Diocese of St Paul, Minn. Site – Wonderful source of justice information
- Salt of the Earth – Another good source
- Jesuit Centre for Social Faith and Justice – A new discussion site with a good summary of principles and list of (printed) references.
Personal and Ethical Issues
- Medical/Ethical Teachings summarized by diocesan office
Representatives in Government
- MP Peter Braid
22 King St. S, Waterloo, ON, N2J 1N8 Phone: 519-746-1573 Fax 519-746-6436, Email: Braid.P@parl.gc.ca
- MPP Elizabeth Witmer
375 University Ave. E., Waterloo Phone: 519-725-3477 Fax 519-725-3667, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Waterloo
Phone: 519-886-1550 Website: http://www.city.waterloo.on.ca
- City of Kitchener
Phone: 519-741-2286 Website: http://www.city.kitchener.on.ca
- Region of Waterloo
Phone: 519-575-4400 Website: http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca